Big Rock Creek Little Rock Creek??? - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2009, 04:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Big Rock Creek Little Rock Creek???

Guys so I am looking to hit new land this year. I want to only drive about a half hour away. So I was on map quest and seen the fox river and I saw where the big rock creek and the little rock creek meet near Yorkville. How are these waters? Are they safe to wade? What kind of fish can I target? or what fish are found there, water clarity, and is it able to be fly fished?

If you want to go out for a wade that would be great also.

Thanks
Sam
smallmouthfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2009, 05:18 PM   #2 (permalink)

I have gone over Big Rock creek on routes 30 &34, but have never stopped to look around(driving for work not pleasure). I have seen people fishing neer RT 34 as I have driven by. Again however I did not see much more than People as I was driving by. Check past posts, I could swear I read something at one time about a guy fishing Big Rock creek and he was confusing other members who were only familliar with Rock Creek at the Kankakee state park. Instead of mapquest try Google Earth. I use this for mapping my river explorations and when I deer hunted @ Midewin Tallgrass Prarie this past year.
Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2009, 06:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to consrvfish

Little Rock Cr enters Big Rock about 100yds before the Fox R. south of Plano. South off Rt 34 onto Ben St. in Plano becomes Fox R. Dr. Go about 11/2mi south to River Rd and Millhurst Rd and there's a rough parking area there with creek access. The creeks are too high for wading right now but should be coming down. I fly fish the confluence of the creeks and river and catch smallies, red horse and walleye. Muskie hunters fish the entrance into the Fox.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in