Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports - View Single Post - Broke the fifty fish mark on Salt Creek
» CLF Sponsors
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2015, 10:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
PowernFinesse

Send a message via AIM to PowernFinesse
Default Broke the fifty fish mark on Salt Creek

I have not had many opportunities to go fishing in the last two months. Shopping for a new car, fall programs and two buddies who want to focus on nothing but hunting have limited my opportunities. That and I was unfortunate enough to be a victim of a garage break in where I lost a few poles. In the times I have been out I've been focusing my efforts on Salt Creek. Most of the fish weren't big, but the number of species I caught was surprising. White and black crappie, white and yellow bass, three species of sunfish, about half a dozen yellow perch and a ton of largemouth. This was the biggest one at around 15 inches.

I'm at over sixty fish in the last two months on the Creek and as long as the weather holds that number should continue to go up. Almost all fish came on artificials, with a 1 inch yamamato shad catching the majority of them. In other nature news, with this warm weather the snakes have been active, some late snapping turtle hatches are occurring and some big ol' katydids and fishing spiders have been making an appearance. If you're planting native seeds like I am, next week should be good when it cools down. Once we get the first good killing frost, start your native gardens. Ice isn't here yet folks!
"I think I fish, in part, because it's an anti-social, bohemian business that, when gone about properly, puts you forever outside the mainstream culture without actually landing you in an institution." John Gierach
PowernFinesse is offline   Reply With Quote