Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports - View Single Post - Broke the fifty fish mark on Salt Creek
» CLF Sponsors
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 09:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
PowernFinesse

Send a message via AIM to PowernFinesse

The creek has some nice fish for sure. I've talked to some crappie fishermen who swear up and down they've caught 15 inchers. Of course a lot of those anglers keep the fish they catch. I've caught a few two pound largemouth this year and a lot of panfish. In some areas the trails near the creek wash out during floods and the gravel settles to create some good bottom. There's some deep water in some areas (5 feet or more) where a lot of crappie congregate too. The perch surprised me but I don't even want to speculate where they came from. I always like surprise catches!
"I think I fish, in part, because it's an anti-social, bohemian business that, when gone about properly, puts you forever outside the mainstream culture without actually landing you in an institution." John Gierach
PowernFinesse is offline   Reply With Quote