Lemont Quarries (Kreuger's nee Cat Lady's?) - slow - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

Complete sponsor list

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2019, 08:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
OZ
Administrator

Default Lemont Quarries (Kreuger's nee Cat Lady's?) - slow

I thought I was done ice fishing on Saturday but PalosBob asked me if I wanted to join him in Lemont on Monday so I figured why not. The last quarry down (Kreuger's I think it is called now, used to be known at Cat Lady's?) had plenty of 4 - 6 inch ice along the southern shoreline so it was safe to ice fish.

Fishing was slow, really slow. For a 30 minute period we had fish bite and landed 4 gills (separated by at least 100 yards) and then that is it. Hours later I had one bite but missed it and Palos also had a bit or two with no hook ups. We tried anywhere from 5 to 20 FOW. Some of the 20 FOW section looked really milky. We even tried fishing in between the downed trees and they were pretty much devoid of fish.

The only plus side is the average fish was around 7 inches.

I have no idea why the photo shows red blotches on the fish

OZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in