whats happening on the Il.? - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2015, 03:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default whats happening on the Il.?

anything?
white bass?
walleyes?
outboardnut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2015, 04:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

I messed around a week ago looking for whites at Starved Rock. Got skunked as did everyone else.
bassboy15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2015, 11:59 AM   #3 (permalink)

They should be moving better now. They are being caught not too far up the tribs.
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2015, 11:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

Default what's happeing on the ill. ?

Not sure if it was the warm weather push( heard from my family it was cold ALL day no more than 60 w/NE wind off lk. mich.) or just dumb luck. Last Sat. (18th) was "good". Saw pods of bait off to sides of 1st spot I anchored at 2-3 boats up there with me by power discharge,nothing doing. Moved all the way over to gate 10 that was open and had only one hit/miss. noticed one of other boats followed me and was picking up fish in eddy to my rear. Let out more line and anchor came loose. They were cool about it and I apologized. They had the prime angle and were doing well,I picked off some here and there being carefull not to cross their lines. Had some Hmong guys slide right in between them and the beach. ( kinda' rude I thought) But these cool dudes still had it goin' good.
The action slowed,rude guys left,and as one last act of kindness to a semi- unlucky fisherman these 2 guy retrieved a sonar I had snagged on the limestone a little higher up than I could've gotten being alone in the boat. I say I was unlucky because a rock or another anchor on the bottom cut my anchor rope,but it really wasn't that bad a day!
I had no more luck with artificial so I switched to live( I always tend to hang one over the side for those following fish to hit). Those minnows I saw jumping every now and then gave me the clue that there were still some around. That was the ticket,I was able to get enough to cover the ice in my cooler and I was letting the smaller ones go.
So yeah I'd say it's on. Talked to some guys with a jet boat that said the vermillion was pretty full of boats with some fish being caught. Probably only get better as the full moon gets closer.
There it is I can't go next weekend,in fact this was the 1st time I'd been to the rock in a few yrs.,Also the 1st. anchor I've lost in 20-25 yr.s. Not too bad considering I do hit the rivers now and then (bought a longer chain)

PS the good guys I fished by did catch some "other"kjnd of fish(fowl hooked) but released it so quick I didn't get a good look,either it was a snakehead or a bowfin,they look similar. Also did get some very small sauger(released !) a good sign for future.

Last edited by wormsoaker; 04-20-2015 at 11:47 PM. Reason: adition to fish caught
wormsoaker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in