ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

Mazonia is opening

954 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Zonker 
#1 ·
the lady at Mazonia said this morning that Mazonia will open for ice fishing tomorrow, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., for all lakes except Ponderosa - they will be open on Saturday and Sunday, no decision yet on Monday and Tuesday - let's fish!

#3 ·
Good luck. I guess not opening only mean't unless they did.
My 2 scariest non dunking moments icefishing happened there.
Walking across a small 'puddle' several times fishing two bigger body
of water, then deciding heck lets drill one here. Ice was weird water was sulferic acid like. Then late season one year found another dinky bit of water drilled through about a foot and water was a little below that. I guess
I would avoid what looks like puddles there. Also I remember a pond by the road that is famous for openiing up while your fishing. Too old for the hike back now unless the new roads go somewhere.

#4 ·
Ya, blu,

One of the new roads takes you in a loop past several previously walk-in lakes, if they plow that road, that is.

Gives access to the backsides of other lakes with ramps, but only by foot. Sure would cut down the sloggin' through the snow :)2

Anybody ask if they have new maps to show the improvements?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.