Bullhead in or around will county? - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2016, 06:32 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bullhead in or around will county?

I've been saying life is about the next big cat, however, i've been trying to find bullhead in large quantities lately. I have a 6" black bullhead in an aquarium that i caught by hand when it was less than an inch long. Its thriving eating feeder fish and shrimp. But anyway, my bullhead has recently sparked my interest in catching a whole bunch. I want to keep some, eat some, and just admire their fighting spirit i hear about often. I live in manhattan, illinois near joliet. I hope there is somewhere within an hour of me that there are good bullhead spots
Catfish_assassin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2016, 09:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

there's a tributary of the Kankakee, Rock Creek. I'd bet there's some bullheads in that if you could find access. It joins at the state park.

Or maybe Channahon Parkway state park, between the IL&MI canal and the lower Duper you could probably do well. Not saying I'd eat fish from there, but you could probably get some good action if you can find a spot.
shawn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2016, 12:09 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thank you. I'll really have to check out rock creek. One of my buddies wades rock creek often and swears by rock creek for bass. I guess now that i have heard things from two ppl on rock creek, I'll go try it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2016, 12:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

The shallow backwater area of the desplaines river, off of Front St in channahon is loaded with bullhead.

I&M Canal State Park in channahon is another spot full of them, and the "backwaters" parking lot #9 at DesPlaines Conservation Area would be a good bet too.
Yak Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2016, 10:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thank you. I will check that out as well!
Old 04-07-2016, 10:23 PM   #6 (permalink)

Yak man, i am unfamiliar with that area. I mapped front street in channahan. Can you tell me which part im looking for in this picture im attaching?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_1460085720508.jpg (178.1 KB, 18 views)
Old 04-08-2016, 05:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

Front street is not very long and their are only 2 places to park and fish. Its pretty easy to figure out when you drive down the road. 1 is the gravel ramp area where we put boats in to duck hunt and the other is where the covert goes under the road. Shallow and Muddy bottom and very thick full of grass/moss soon as it starts to get warm thru the summer thru cold snap in the fall. I have on numerous times seen people leaving catfish cleaned at the waters edge at the ramp. The ramp area has a current flow because the dupage river flows into the basin on the west end.
1QUACKER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in