Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports - View Single Post - Hayward WI trailer repair
» CLF Sponsors
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 09:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fonzie

I never did the trailer repair. Family stuff always got in the way...

The real reason I'm posting is this. There was a late minute addition to our trip that required me to use my secondary tow vehicle for the vacation {against my better judgment}. Everything went well the whole trip, except for the last day.
As we were leaving the VRBO, I noticed that both my van tail lights and also my trailer lights were acting funky. At times, all I had was running lights and flashers.

I didn't feel safe driving all the way home with my flashers on, and of course
trying to find a mechanic open in Hayward on a Saturday morning was impossible.

So on a random suggestion from a guy at the Hayward NAPA, I looked for Smiley's Auto Repair in Earl WI.
So, off we went, and soon I pull up to Smiley's and I see parts of boats, trailers, cars, etc. etc. strewn everywhere {a good sign}.
I was hoping that the mechanic would be around.
His wife walked out and after I described my problem, she said "no problem, I'll go find him" .

To make a long story short,he fiddled with the wiring harnesses of my car for around 30 minutes or so and got me back on the road with a temporary fix.

When I asked what I owed. He said how about $15...
Yes, $15...
Of course, I paid him more.

Put Smiley's Auto Repair in your phone just in case. He is on rt.63 just North of rt.53
I was **** fortunate to run into such a nice guy in this day and age.

Lo the angler. He riseth in the early morning and upsetteth the whole household. Mighty are his preparations. He goeth forth with great hope in his heart and when the day is far spent, he returneth, smelling of strong drink, and the truth is not in him.

Last edited by Fonzie; 06-18-2017 at 10:35 PM.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote