Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports - View Single Post - Salt Creek report, Sat & Sun
» CLF Sponsors
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2004, 08:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Big_BubbaZ

Default Salt Creek report, Sat & Sun

Hit the Arlington pool at about 2 despite waking up at 8. After loading all my gear into the back of my blazer i found i had a flat tire, then realized i had lost the key to the lock on my spare tire. A real kick in the nuts. I had to mess around for 3 hours taking my tire to a tire repair shop. Anyway, I met my buddy and found out I had missed all the action- him and his bro had caught 5 walleye before i arrived, and we didnt catch another the rest of the day. On sunday there was probably close to 20 people fishing, very cramped. I didnt see a single 'eye caught, but i did see some guys catching carp on corn, so tried it for kicks and ended up catching my first carp, about 14 inches probably close to 3 1/2 lbs. I think im gonna bring the corn next week, that was definately a fun fight on my light action 'gill rod. On a side note- if anyone passes by the Skokie Lagoons get back to me on the ice condition, thanks.
Big_BubbaZ is offline   Reply With Quote