» CLF Sponsors
Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports

Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports (https://www.chicagolandfishing.com/forums/index.php)
-   Waterfowl (https://www.chicagolandfishing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Skies are filled! (https://www.chicagolandfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91145)

love2fish 11-19-2014 12:08 PM

Skies are filled!

If anyone did not know this, the northern birds are here. Did some scouting yesterday and all over the southern chain geese/ducks/sandhills are everywhere hitting fields and open pockets of the lakes. I will be out finding some open water to hunt tomorrow. Work sucks anyway.:)2

musky7 11-19-2014 07:58 PM

Yaya. Why U are not going with us this weekend ???

love2fish 11-19-2014 09:28 PM

Mother goose flying into town. Going to try and fly away under the cover of darkness sat night and be back sunday morning. Bring me the countdowns and the size 5 pimples since will be coming in hot!

slimshady 11-29-2014 01:22 AM

Finally saw a few birds down here by the Hot Tub (Braidwood Lake). Although they may have been residents? Did see a cloud of about 2000 mallards out over the fields South of Gardner Thurs. I'm suprised we haven't had a push of geese by now with all this cold wheather. Exelon/Com Ed built the Hot Tub-they will come!

Drakebuster 11-29-2014 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slimshady (Post 583953)
Finally saw a few birds down here by the Hot Tub (Braidwood Lake). Although they may have been residents? Did see a cloud of about 2000 mallards out over the fields South of Gardner Thurs. I'm suprised we haven't had a push of geese by now with all this cold wheather. Exelon/Com Ed built the Hot Tub-they will come!

That's about how many I saw the past few days, scratched another limit of greenheads yesterday ;) Fields are sloppy today bud!

ja-knee-sea 12-06-2014 12:33 AM

There's a couple hundred Canada's in the forest preserve near my house(Miller Meadow across from Loyola Hospital)... Can't shoot them but the dog sure causes a fly-out when he gets out of the car...

slimshady 01-14-2015 05:45 AM

NOW the skies are filled!

Saw love2fish's post in early Nov. when we got all that cold wheather and kept looking skyward and thinking- were are they? You build a Hot Tub-they will come. I live in Braidwood so I had a ring side seat as string after string piled into the Hot Tub from the North the last 3 or 4 days. I don't know why they were so tardy this year? Probably due to the unusually mild Dec. we just had. I heard one guesstimation of 40,000 and counting.