Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports - View Single Post - Either...
» CLF Sponsors
Thread: Either...
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2004, 02:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Tubes77

Bassmaster, you make a good point. It is silly to remove a whole thread because one or two posts get out of hand. On the other hand, it gets pretty time consuming for mods to have to evaluate every single post and determine if it is out of bounds or not. I haven't locked a post here, or anywhere for that matter, in a long time, but I stand by any Moderator's decision. It boils down to a judgement call plain and simple. The reality is that we are all adults here and we know when were crossing the line. At least I'd like to think so. A good argument that doesn't regress into name calling is possible. Watch any of the Sunday morning political discussion shows and while they always have two very opposing contributors, they always know how to be respectful and civil, all the while disagreeing. If they can do it, so can we!