Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports - View Single Post - PLEASE READ -- THEY WON'T LET US FISH???
» CLF Sponsors
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2002, 01:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dollar Bill

I fish for cats, at night. I like the Fox River between Rt. 38 and 64 just north of the St. Charles Fire Department boat ramp in front of the water treatment plant. But the other night when I was there, the homeowner to the south came ranting and raving at me that I couldn't fish there. He called the St. Charles police, who came and pointed to a new sign that says no fishing allowed there (right next to the creel limit sign that's always been there!).

What's the deal? I've fished there for years. Any I often run into some other regulars, and they don't know what's up with this either.

WE cat fisherman are quiet and polite. We pick up after ourselves and keep the rowdies away. I think we're being discriminated against!

Does anyone know what's going on there? What the regulation or ordinance keeps us from fishing there?
Dollar Bill is offline   Reply With Quote