ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Water temp down to 55-58. Struggled a bit today but managed a couple decent ones. Beautiful morning to be out.

Birds thought so as well

Dinner

Marked fish all over the place but had a helluva time getting them to bite. The stripers were in 12-13fow and the bluegills up shallow

Found me a boat

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Great screen shot. I am still trying to dial in my HB. I am going to take the co-ods and plug them into mine. Then I will try to find that boat. When I come across things they don't seem as sharp, this way I will have something to compare to. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great screenshot and that's a really sharp image of the boat. You must have really nice equipment.
The ladies tell me that....As far as the graphs are concerned, they were state of the art 5 years and 3 generations ago. Compared with todays imaging options my graphs are mediocre at best, Here's some other boats I found Personally, I'm still partial to 2d. I call it video game fishing. Ignore the vertical lines, that's caused from crosstalk between the bow and console graphs. It goes away if I shut down the graph I'm not using. I like being able to put the bait right in front of the fish. The thick horizontal lines just below the fish is my jig when vertical fishing

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I believe it is because of the distance the transducer s set. The first pic its set to read 85ft on either side and the second pic 50ft either side. The less distance you scan the clearer the image will be as well. If you had the distance et at 20ft and were right over the boat it would be even better. The boat in the first pic is just on the north side of the Route 12 bridge

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.