ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought id give a report on the wonderfull fishing trip i took to reelfoot lake tennesse. The crappie were huge! Despite high water and wind we caught 50 or so nice slabs and the resort was great.

·
Registered
116 Posts
i sure hope the fishing was better than the report you gave no name of the lodge bait used boat rental give us something

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
full report

okay jeez, didnt know it was that serious. the resort was blue bank resort.there were seven of us and we stayed in a brick home that had plenty of space and suited are needs just fine. The boats were about a minutes walk. The package was $279 for four days lodging,motor,gas,bait included. its cheaper other time of the year. The style fishing was minnow and bobber with a jig head. my best luck was with a chartruese grub tipped with a minnow. We had a rough time catching only 50 fish for four boats. Previous years numbered close to a hundred. Anyway if youre tired of catching 6" illinois crappie i reccomend Reel Foot.

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
Was that $279 per man ? If it was that seems like a heck of a lot of money to go that far and catch 50 crappies for seven guys ! I'm not the greatest fisherman or the cheapest guy in town, but seven guys, four days, 50 crappies, equates to 7 fish per man for the trip. You must have gotten some gills, cats, something else !

·
Registered
116 Posts
cubby23
thanks thats what i look for info like can make a person visit a lake or area its lot cheaper than going to northern wisconsin to take a family on vacation

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
50 fish

The conditions were horrible at times, and in prior years the catch was much bigger. We had days this time where we got skunked while other boats brought back 50 in a day.

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
Ahhh that sounds better. Well better luck next time you guys go. And thanks for the report.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Speaking of "Slab Crappie"....

I just saw a picture and report today of a 3.4 POUND hybrid crappie netted in a survey on Lake Storey. It was a pig.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I went to Reelfoot about 25 years ago and stayed at a place called Hamilton's Resort. The place was a dive and the owner was the north end of a southbound horse. It ruined my outlook on the place so much that I never wanted to go back. Perhaps it is time to give it a try again. I'll try Blue Bank!

·
Registered
307 Posts
I would also give a thumbs up to Blue bank. My girlfriend and I stayed there last spring for that same deal and other than the crappy weather we had a blast and the place was A1. Great and friendly people and we took a guide the first day who was very good as well. Recommend it to everyone who asks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts