ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out for a little bit looking this afternoon and found a matching set of antlers. Total of 12 points, because of split brow tines. I have a picture of him from September of '06 and I missed him that same year. I did not see him at all in '07 so it is nice to know he is still around and will hopefully be bigger next year. If I get some time later this week I will try and post the pics on my gallery.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I walked thru some thick stuff today in the Busse Woods. Found lots of poop and a dozen or so deer running away, but no sheds.
Oh well, you have to be out there to find them.
I really should train my Lab to find them, she can find deer bones & skeletons but no sheds.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Coach, don't take all of them. At the rate I am finding them, I should have a nice collection of ZERO by this time next year...and the year after.

I walked West of Alex Bro's, but I guess someone already found all those.

Good luck out there.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think in about 8 years I have only found 4, while looking for sheds that is. I was out turkey hunting once and found one, duck hunting I found a shed and a 9 point skull. I think it is harder to find a shed than to actually harvest a deer. However it is a nice reward when you do find one.

·
Registered
166 Posts
That's where I usually look also. Found out my neighbor has been there several times too. Neither of us have found anything but bones.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Went out with my son the other day with no sheds found either. But i did find something that made my mouth drop. I couldn't fit both my hands around that tree.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Railed every bit of those woods today...
Nothing but Bone.

I have a stack of sheds from every corner of ILL.
It's tough to know where He slept or ate that day when they fell off.
The Fermi Sheds I have I would drive in there and see
"Yep still have horns on"..Yep...Yep... then one day WHOA Horns are off!!
I would canvas the woods and Maybe find one of the two horns as hard as I looked today. My biggest Horn was found 10 feet off the bike path in Early Jan...
The deer were feeding on "Indian Cigars" or the seed pod's from a locust tree. Matching pairs were all found under pine trees where the Deer were sheltering during the winter.

Gotta Go ! First Tournament is April 6th and of course my new electronics and Trolling motor won't wire up OR bolt up the same way the last were configured !!?!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is the picture of the buck 2 years ago and his sheds from this past year. The way you can tell is the split browtines. Sorry the picture of the buck is a little dark, the best I could have done.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts