ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got out on the local pond yesterday. was cloudy and cold in the am. cleared and warmed up nicely in the afternoon. bite was slow all day. i managed 4 fish. seemed i would get one, then nothing for an hour and a half and then i would get another. i started by getting a nice suprise with a 25 inch channel cat that was fat as hell on the tip up and roach. little later i got a hit that i missed and let the jiggin rap fall right back down there and got the largie to hit it again. little later i got a snake on the tip up. then before the sun went down i jigged up a decent northern on the jiggin rap. i only missed two or three hits in between. did miss one solid doink. lots of follows that would just disappear. i thought the bite would be better once the weather cleared but it stayed slow. here are the pics.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Water Dog,
Very nice, the pond you're fishing must be of good size to support pike cats and bass.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Great variety of fish. Although it was only four fish it seems like you covered all of the bases. Thanks for sharing!

Neil

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i guess that it technically is a lake. it isnt very big though. it is one of the smallest bodies of water i fish. they were all taken in about 6 1/2 feet of water. i was parked on the outside of a weed edge / drop off. this lake only gets about 10 feet deep so i wouldnt exactly say they are moving in shallow. they are cruising along the weed edges and feasting on the gills and smaller bait fish. most seem to have a little feedbag on. i think alot of the fish i marked were panfish. i think that the jiggin rap and extra large fathead's head that i was using was too big to get them to bite but they would follow it. they can help attract the bigger fish.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts