ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left the house today around 2;30, temps were about 38-39, low wind.....looked nice for a mid march bowfishing trip. Well, the front must have come thru right as I got to the ramp. Strong east N/E winds and the temp dropped to about 30. So Mike and I hit the water for a tough morning of bowfishing. the wind blew into the only place I seen fish this year, but wasnt too bad so we stayed near the duck blinds. Had to really fight the wind, waves and silt with the troller. Vis was low and the fish we did see were usually on the run. But, we did prevail and get a few fish. But it was a little cold in that wind! Mike got his first of the year, and I tried the new Pro Point for the 1st time. I like the grapplers best but this has to be the best point for gar or stingray. Best penetration Ive seen in a point. Anyway, 2 trips into the season and havent been skunked....thats pretty good with the conditions today! Here are a few pics.

The waves dropped a bit by sunup....

Mikes first of the season....

A couple more....

The new pro point....

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
So I get up this morning, look out, and say to myself, I bet Ejoe's out there somewhere on the water! :-D

Nice going guys, this kind of weather separates the bowfishing men from the boys... :)2

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bassin Brad said:
Nice shootin!

Think its still to early to start shooting them from shore?
I think so Brad. The fish have been found out near the duck blinds pretty much. But, there is a gravel ramp right on the best flat out there and any small boat would give you access to the good bowfishing. Might do good wading witha bow light, but there is alot of silt there. Dont know how deep it is though.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hmm hopefully if the weather stays like this it shouldn't be to much longer to start shootin from shore.

Were you talking about the duck blinds by the 3k marina? Like where you go right to the marina, but instead you take a left on that road and those blinds were right there?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts