ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launched at Starved Rock and fished from 11:30-5pm. 11 Saugers caught. Most fish came pulling up river with 3-way type rigs.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
nice fishing - I agree with augman69, more reports would be nice, but I guess that what happens when $$$ is involved - people are tight lipped.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
It is augman, while some wont post because of tournies there are several here just waiting till nice water to fish.

I havent been out once yet, between holidays and high water/snow its been rough.

Reports are that fish can be caught, jigging and pulling are working. The fish are out of the holes and starting the run.

River will be too busy this weekend, and I wont fish in the middle of a tourny anyway....sort of a code of tourny guys. I will hit evergreen or the hennepin canal probably.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Thanks for the tip :)2

I ususally go to the wisc river in the spring and can't this spring, I was maybe going to try spring valley once it calms down a bit?

·
Registered
50 Posts
i Knew i should have fished there that day. Instead i fished the private club in coal city and took home about 2 dozen slab crappies

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
like this

....triple swivel --------------------------- floating jig or bare hook w/ bait
.....................\
.......................\
.........................\
...........................1 oz. jig and minnow or just a weight.

slowly troll upstream, with side to side swings if marking fish or good structure.

EDIT: sorry about the periods....ignore them

dropper line to weight = 6 to 12 inches

dropper line to floater = 2 to 4 feet for the river is enough.

·
Registered
356 Posts
3 way rigs are amazing walleye catchers. They are also a great way to search an area for active biters. Pulling a worm harness on a 3 way rig with a berkley gulp worm works just as good as live bait IMO and it lasts longer.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hi Jigtoss!

The name sounds very familair to me........ :)4

Care to get out Saturday? I got's a feelin we can find some Basses suspending up near structure, and some husky jerks may be the cure!

I'd PM ya, but since your a board rook, you cannot get them yet.

give me a call punky!

O.F.F.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
klino said:
Excellant description upland.
Kinda a neat way to explain it.Maybe you can teach me sometime. :p

LOL...nope I have to keep some secrets from you. Didn't even know you had pulling rods....and catfish rigs don't count :p

Cleotus said:
no tourneys this year upland? i didnt see you at the last IWT? you going for bass now with komo? heheh

I might fish one or two, but yeah bass will get most of my attention this summer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts