ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The north shore bays on the west end of the lake had water temps between 48 and 53 degrees.

There were some carp jumping, for you carpers out there. Park on the north side of Higgins, just west of the bridge and walk through the cattail jungle west to the last bay. That's where they were jumping.

There's never a shotgun around when you need one.
Pull!

Caught no real fish, but got a good hit on a Rat'L'Trap.

·
Registered
59 Posts
thamks for tellin us. I'm going there tomorrow so maybe I should try it. Should I chum with corn?

·
Registered
842 Posts
53 degrees? Thats pretty warm considering the cool nights we've been having and the cloudy days. I guess that north section warms up pretty quick in the sun. I was out at Busse this afternoon also. Fished the sunny Eastern side of the main pool, around a rocky shoreline bay entrance. Also fished around a windswept downed tree. 3 for 6 on the walleyes. Largest fish was 19 inches caught at the edge of a rocky dropoff in the sun, on a green/chartreuse jig and large minnow 18 inches under a float. The 2 smaller fish (11 and 12 inches) were caught casting the same jig and a minnow around the outer edge of the tree. Got a few more bites(and lost a lot of jigs) around the tree but couldn't get them to bit. As soon as the sun started going down and the area cooled off the fish stopped biting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.