ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to busse for the 1st time on sunday, WHAT SHOULD I DO? Hope to catch a lot of fish because I'm taking my family.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
The weather is not going to be your friend. It's supposed to be about 45 degrees, wind from the W/NW and possibly rain.

Because the wind is from the west for several days, fish an eastern shoreline.

Good luck, don't freeze.

·
Registered
842 Posts
If the weather is pretty bad and you are bringing your family, you might want to fish the creek area. It's a bit more wind protected than other parts of the lake. Otherwise, like Larry mentioned try fishing the windblown points and shorelines, or else the entrances of bays off of the mainlake.If the water is pretty muddy and churned up, try using bright colored lures and jigs. Good Luck!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm fishing the discharge it looks like... What should I use?

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Spikes, waxworms or small pieces of earthworm/nightcrawler on an ice jig of small hook with a very small, easy to pull under bobber.

You'll be fishing for bluegill, crappie, small bass and walleye and large roach minnows.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok thanks. I'm gonna be there at around 9:00 tomorrow, so see you there. I saw some people there today keeping 4" gills, so I geuss I'll bring a cell phone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts