ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down for a little scouting for this weekend's shoot... Main river is just about chocolate milk.. plenty of fish but good luck seeing them in time to shoot.. I went as far as the duck blinds hitting various spots an did see some larger fish, I just wasn't seeing them well enough to get off good shots...

I headed back to the marina area and fished the backwaters for awhile, saw plenty and shot plenty of commons, but all on the small side. I did miss on decent buffalo and about the easiest shot on a gar you could get :oops: :oops:

Anyway, I shot 8 or nine commons then stopped shooting... Should be a great shoot this weekend. Plenty of fish for the shore guys, plenyt of fish for the boat guys.. The trick will be who can find the big fish!

Last nights bucket....

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Good shooting Tom :)2 I know them smaller carp are everywhere. One of the reasons Ive found night numbers shoots boring. Way to easy to fill a boat with them. But to go out and find some big fish.....thats more fun!

·
Premium Member
8,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm glad they're there though as I will have my brother out and it will be his first time ever bowfishing. I don't care about winning, I just want to get my brother on some fish, even if they are smaller....

I just hope this rain doesn't make the visibility too bad...

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
My all time most memorable trip has been getting my first fish on Ejoe's boat during the carp spawn at DCA several years ago. :)2

It was the perfect day, a beautiful sunny May morning with fish rolling all over the place.

It gave me the confidence to keep going. :)2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts