ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a little over a week to go for the Wilmington shoot!
Had a few guys calling me about where to bowfish from shore. Anywhere in the area where it is legal is fine guys. You also can launch your boats from the other ramps in the area also such as the DCA ramp on the Kankakee or any of the backwater ramps. We just start and stop at the 3 Rivers marina.
Some real big buffalo can be found from shore in the DCA backwaters. Check the illinoisbowfishing.com site for a detailed map and hints for the backwaters in the local bowfishing section! We have this shoot timed perfectly I believe for some great bowfishing :)2

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Door prizes (free to all who enter the shoot) for The 3 Rivers Bowfishing Championship will include.......

A AMS Retriever Pro Bowfishing Reel
AMS Safty Slides
AMS Roller Rests
Innerloc Arrows and Points
Cajun Arrows and Points
Muzzy Arrows and Points
Black Widow DVDs
Muzzy Caps
AMS Caps
Shaggy Dog Marinades
Bigtime Bowfishing DVDs
Backwater Bowfishing T-Shirts and Koozies
and more to come! Graet bowfishing, great food and some great prizes for all! Dont miss one of Illinois premier bowfishing events......

·
Premium Member
8,116 Posts
If there are any shorefisherman who want to jump into the boat, as of right now it's just me. Send me a pm!

·
Premium Member
8,116 Posts
As it turns out, I have a partner afterall.... My brother! He's never done it, but found it interesting and wants to learn, so this week it will be him and me. After my shooting prowess at Fish Lake, maybe HE can teach ME how it's done :oops: :oops:

The bonus part is that since we need a second rig, I will have to finally upgrade my bow this week :)2

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Tom, if you need an extra bow to shoot let me know. I've got a left or right hander you can use. My team will be shooting the night tourney, I'm a vampire and really don't like shooting in the daylight if I can help it.

·
Premium Member
8,116 Posts
Allright, now I'm confused... Night tourney? I thought this was changed to a daylight shoot????

Oh, and I may take you up on the offer of the loaner. I would like to upgrade my bow already, but want to look at several first and may not have time before next week...

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We have changed it to a night/day double header Tom. If anyone wants to shoot night, we are going to be out there from dusk till 5am, then anyone who wants to shoot in the day can shoot from 5am till noon. You can shoot one or both, but prizes will be given out after the day shoot. We have loads of new guys who dont have boats or lights who want to shoot, and have a bunch of die hards who like shootin under the lights. Just trying to get as many people/members involved as possible :)2

·
Premium Member
8,116 Posts
OK, that changes things! Will talk to my brother now and see when he wants to shoot. I'm going to try to get him to shoot the night portion, which should not be too hard, since he works at 2 am normally anyway...

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks like some decent weather in the low60s sunday and low 40s sat. night for the shoot. Little windy, so plan your spots :)2 Ive been getting alot of inquires about this shoot thru our email lists so if the weather holds out we might have a pretty big crowd. Cant wait!!

·
Premium Member
8,116 Posts
If all goes well, I am going to try to sneak down there for some shooting tonight... Probably will only be out a few hours, but I'll report back on what is shaking down there....

·
Registered
830 Posts
We will be out there as soon as it gets dark for a couple hours as well. Should be some nice fish out with this weather. Hoping for a few nice buffs and maybe a gar or two

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just added to the shoot......Big Gar Contest!! Whoever gets the biggest (longest) gar of the shoot will receive a nice award........

1 - 16 of 16 Posts