ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Day 1.... 50 degrees with 30 mph. winds.Very tough fishing with very few fish.
Day 2.... 34 degrees with 30 mph. winds,gusting to 45 mph. with horizontal snow.I only lasted 1 hour and back to hotel.Call me a wuss.No fish.
Day 3.... 50 degrees with light winds and a nice day to fish finally and caught some but the bite was slow from the front moving through.
Day 4.... 68 degrees with strong winds again and tough fishing.Very few fish.
Day 5.... 72 degrees with very light winds and fish started biting better.
Day 6.... 75 degrees with light winds and a nice day to fish with many fish caught.
Day 7.... 75 degrees with no wind and fish were starting to snap.Imagine that,last day there.
Water temps ranged from 42 on sat. to 49 on fri..Was only able to fish Canadian side of river the last day there due to muddy water.We caught fish from 10 ft. to 35 ft.
All fish caught on these guys.

Biggest fish of the trip. 7lbs.

Mostly males caught.Females not moved in yet.

All in all a fun trip.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tundra21 said:
Good job Jim, some good looking fish! Did you release them back into the Illinois? lol Jason
Thought about it Jason but it is a 5 1/2 hour ride so they had to go into the fish fry fund. :lol:

Thanks Lukan it is always a great vacation on the Detroit.One week too early this year.Probably from the harsh winter.This next week would be the week to be there.Females should be moving in.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sorry to hear the weather brutalized you guys but have to say been there with 3 trips a day to the laundrymat to dry everything. At least you got a couple of good days. Lokks like we are going to be there on sunday so I will post when I return. Hopefully the rain wont turn it into chocolate milk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts