ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Powerlined and casted cranks/spoons this morning behind McCormick Pl. at the harbor mouth. Not a tap, bite, nibble, or sniff. Calm water, cool South wind, and another beautiful sunrise though. Starting to get good at getting 25 hooks rigged, baited, and in the water, beat my last time by 5 minutes. Today it only took 20 minutes to go from packed up to fully rigged and waiting for the feesh.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Hey...were you the guy in the Nissan truck? I was there around 4:30-ish & think I was 100 yards down from you. I limited out...not! Nothing for me either!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YEP!

That was me, you were in the yota with the long poles right?

I'll be out there again Thursday early, we should tag team it out there one morning. WTH are all the fishes man?!

What were you fishing with? I just had crawlers out on the powerlines, and was throwing an x-rap deep-10 in orange flame. <- ;)

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Yeah...I was the one in the silver 4-runner educating the guard on our parking priveleges. I tried spawn and shrimp (not together...don't want to spoil the fishes!) under a slip bobber on one rod, and casted Cleos & Reefrunners on the other. Tried letting the spoons sink, or not, and nothing. It's gonna be a few days before I can go again. I'll keep you posted. Nice to "almost" meet you!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds good, Thursday morning may be my last trip out there unless I hear better news coming from the area. I've given up fishing there for Kings too, I had a much better catch ratio casting off the rocks in Waukegan. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow morning, wish me luck!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Nice fish...
I think it's funny how we always end up there on the same days but at different times. I picked up my pass for the other end the day before, but decided to try there since there wasn't really any wind. You did way better than I did.

As for the pix...next time can you get the fish to smile for the camera? Jeez...I thought that was one of the basics!
:-D :-D :-D

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
you would of had a field day out there that day there were two geese taking a bath twirling in the water. There were i think there called miganzers diving and i dont know these other duck look like a wood duck two males and a female doing some wierd calls. oh not to mention feebie the mallard and her boyfriend get it on in the water crazy stuff that day.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Yeah...most of them were there earlier too. There was at least 5-6 different types of water birds in the mouth of the harbor. Tough shooting right there though, at least until the sun gets up into the sky a little. There were loons, grebes, woodies, and those other things you were talking about (black & white, constantly diving). Is this it?

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Yep they have like a mowhak on top my buddy called them miganzers, dont know if i am spelling them right. Yeah i thought i saw a wood duck i thought they were rare? Anyways its pretty cool stuff considering your downtown.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys,

Question on Burnham Harbor: If you want to fish behind McCormick Place, where would you park your car? All the parking I've seen in the area is in Museum Campus and it's no short walk from there. I'd rather wanna spend that time with my line in the waters...

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
I park by 31st street and ride my bike. Or there is the fishermans parking lot in the harbor but its just as far of a walk. Or you can park in Mccormick if you want to pay 20$.No easy access

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Best to park South or North and ride your bike to where you want to fish. Or you can tempt fate and park somewhere along the road over by McCormick and hope you don't get towed/ticketed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts