ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was able to get back to where Nathan I were yesterday for just a short time but that's all it took.
My guess yesterday of the fish that broke me off was 18.5 to 19 inches based on a second nice one that I caught.

I was just a tad short in my guess, it was 19-1/8 inches.
How do I know?
It had the jig in it's mouth from yesterday :p

It was so nice looking I took 2 pictures 8:)

·
Registered
47 Posts
WOW It greww nicely since I last caught it. Hope ya took a shower and disinfected after that. T /rock he last time I was up there it looked like rolled around in a chicken koop then ran through a hundred spider webs

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
What a pig Ed, So cool that she was still there and hungry. Hey at least she got the first jig removed.

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
It my jig in it's mouth from yesterday :)2
Thats pretty cool,Ed.

·
Registered
56 Posts
That is a PIG! I did not realize that bronze bass of that size were grown in this area. I now have another target. I can't believe you caught the same bass that broke your line, how cool is that! Are you going back to catch her again and again and again? :-D Between you and Hoffman, you guys are making me sick. I may have to take sick time from work.
Great Catch :)2 :)2

G

·
Nice fish Ed! :)2

Bet she's happy you took her tongue ring out, her Momma and Poppa were about to throw her out of the house. :p

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
She's a beauty Ed.
Real cool that you got your hardware out of her face too.
Do you have any mounts Ed?
I'm thinking of...
...twenty inch goal...

·
Premium Member
1,490 Posts
No way is that fish 19 1/8th" long! 19 1/16 or19 3/32" maybe. Sheesh!!!! Ya liar!

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Raptor said:
She's a beauty Ed.
I'm thinking of...
...twenty inch goal...
I'm in the process of getting a replica of a smallmouth just under 22 inches done.
Hopefully it looks like the one I caught up in the Quetico.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Ed said:
Raptor said:
She's a beauty Ed.
I'm thinking of...
...twenty inch goal...
I'm in the process of getting a replica of a smallmouth just under 22 inches done.
Hopefully it looks like the one I caught up in the Quetico.
How much that runnin ya Ed?

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'll let you know when it's done ;)

·
Registered
356 Posts
Please do, Im very curious to know what a replica costs in the end.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Same here. If i ever top my pb I would like to get a replica done. I'd have to think they would need atleast a few pics, plus accurate measurements and weight? Speaking of,,,, in Vilas county we fish end of June, and usually do real good smallie fishing,,,,think theres any truth to bigger bait, bigger fish? And being in back of boat usually, when we are poppin, should I maybe try a softer bait like a bass assassin to get the fish the 2 guys up front didnt? All 4 of us do catch a few when working the shoreline with poppers, and I have had some success with a chug bug,,enough that the paint is wearing off it. Good fishin.....................

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
fishin2day222 said:
Same here. If i ever top my pb I would like to get a replica done. I'd have to think they would need atleast a few pics, plus accurate measurements and weight?
Replicas aren't of your exact fish.
Blanks (fiberglass casts) are ordered that are of the length-weight of your fish.
Pictures are needed so the paint job on the blank will match the markings and so on that you saw.

Pricing is based on the length of your fish just like a skin mount.
A little higher though since they have to purchase the blank.
Depending on where you have it done somewhere around $14/inch.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts