ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got out for a while with WaterGuy today and we caught several smallmouth with minnows or plastics in shoreline slack water areas.
He was just about to where we were going to meet so I decided to get my line in and this one bit within seconds.

He has a few more pictures.
Beautiful day to be out but the water is warming and the smallies are getting more energy.
If the river would drop a foot we would still have fairly high water conditions but since the smallies are getting used to it look for them to have the strength to spread out more as it comes down and the water temps rise.

·
Registered
882 Posts
It was nice to get out with you again, Ed. Great times as usual!

We did pretty good but we were both commenting on how its just a touch too high still and things would get even better when it comes down a bit. Its hard to find more than just a couple fish in one spot right now so we were basically fishing any small current break along the shore - catch a fish or two and then move to the next spot.

Here's a couple lil' guys - I didn't get any of size today

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.