ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out for 45 min last night and decided to put on the waders to get to some of the spots Ed hasn't beat up yet that are off the beaten path :)4 :lol: . Aside from the clouds of insects that I was trying not to breath :)40 I was rewarded on the first cast with a nice 16" smallie :)39 . Was fishing a jig and 3" pearl tail in some slack water off bridge walls. Wound up with 10 smallies with the biggest at 17" and smallest about 11" also got 2 walleye one 17" the other 15". No pictures because the last 3 time out either the big :skunk: or just 1 or 2. Now get back to work "or go play hookie" :)39

·
Premium Member
11,722 Posts
I have to leave some places so when the planets align and my buddy ;) can go fishing there's a fresh spot for him 8:)

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Nice report I too am ready to put on the waders and venture out from shore. so nice to leave the crowds and heavy hit areas. Now if I could just find some time!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What I failed to mention was I never went more than 5 feet from shore and almost went over the top of my waders so BEEE Carefull
I Guess you could call it "comando style" just to get where I wanted to go
I am very aware of the area and it still caught me off guard after the winter and flood shifted things around

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Note taken, I use to know the area well but after all of flooding it's a new river. I should be safe in the area I have in mind.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Nice report, Craig

Did the same thing last year and was in water up to my chest after taking only 1 step into the river in an area I thought I knew pretty well. been nervous to try it again this spring. your report gives me hope though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.