ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No pics, but got a report.......GET OUT THERE! Not sure what this cold front is going to do to the fishing, but MAN was it good before. The water temps ranged from 63' to 66' in most places from Fox lake to Pistakee. They opened the chain again, which you may or may not already know. There are alot of bass getting up in the prespawn stage, gettin real active and feeding like crazy, too bad for this front! Caught bass on small spinnerbaits, jigs in natural colors, and crankbaits. The male walleye are still biting hard, you just have to find some current. I'm a true beleiver in Gulp products now, as i caught PLENTY of walleye on just a gulp minnow and jighead. I found some super active walleyes though, which may have made the difference. Sorry for no pics, just wanted to get a report out there for the ones who cant! The better spots out there right now are going to be any of the smaller, sheltered lakes on the south end for bass and any of the bridges with current for walleye. Good luck if you make it out this weekend, that wind sounds like a beast!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'LL second that ! .The bass and walleyes have been hitting great. Especially around peirs and docks and small bays. I,ve been having good luck w/ rapalas. Caught a 13" crappie on one this morning,the biggest I've caught on the chain so far.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.