ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent a couple hours this afternoon with my soon to be 3 year old son at a local pond. The crawlers we caught the night after the last storm were just what the gillies wanted. The action was non-stop for a good 45 minutes. He is starting to get the hang of casting, but didn't really matter since he's TOTALLY got the hang of the most important part: "I got one Daddy! Should I reel it in really fast now?!" :)2

I tossed a wacky rigged gulp sinking minnow MAYBE 3 times...... Never got all the way through a single retrieve without having to take a fish off the hook for him. :-D I don't know who's smile was bigger, his or mine.

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
Good post!
Me and my 12 year old caught some bass, crappie and bluegills from a local pond today. Ya gotta hook the kids early {pun intended}.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Great pix. Nothing like their smile with some of their catches at that age. I look back at those with my kids when they were that age (30 years ago). Still brings a big smile to my face. :-D

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Good job :)2 You gotta be proud :)6

·
Registered
18 Posts
That's what it's all about!!!

Great post...it doesn't get any better!

Same yesterday, boys and I went for gills at a local pond and caught dozens...and then this one. My son smiled more with the gills so I think was still in shock when I took the picture.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wonderful Post,,, I must add I had a great 1/2 hour with my 4 year old Monday p.m.,,,, Local pond in Bloomingdale netted him 2 avg. bluegills as well as 2, 12 inch Bass....Made his day,,, Was first catch of the year for us on 3rd. outing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey Chicago273...the pond we pulled the bass out of was just W of Roselle Rd on Schaumburg Rd called Sarah's Cove. Easy access, easy fish for the kids, with a good bank. I'm sure most of these stocked ponds are good for this type of thing, but just thought I'd let you know since you're so close.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.