ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got to St. Charles around noon or so on Saturday. I hit the slack water behind the lay down. first strike came about 5 casts later on a helgie, carp. Certainly not what I was after, however feeling how little fight she had, showed me how slow I had to present my baits.

NOTE: they pulled the port a johns out of STC Which lead to me leaving early and to head Geneva. Again, I worked slack water and seams, picked up a couple more little guys.

Smallie on the helgie against the wall

dink eye hit a bitsy minnow on a seam

White hit the bitsy on a mudline seam

Spoke with a couple guys out there, one had 3 smallies and a 15" eye on minnows, the other had a smallie and a white on twister tails.

Hit the river again on Sunday with some minnows but my three hour window got cut short to about an hour. Picked up one little smallie, I have bait left over so I'll be out this week.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Cool!

Seems the Smallies are starting to wake up :p Even heard a rumor they were hitting cranks over the weekend! I think I was a day late on that though.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had to leave St. Charles the other day for the same reason, which was ok I guess, because all I caught was some bad attitude from a vicious goose. :eek:

282 Posts
Hey Hoffman Its Alex That same day you left hauled a 8 pound flathead on a
jig. It was nice to meet you. :)

People that call fishing boring are just jellous of all the fun we have.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Alex it was nice talking to you as well. I'm sure I'll be seeing you. Nice job on the flat head!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts