ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out yesterday with three buddies and one of their families. Started out fishing the NW side of IG but with that wind coming in from the east and ripping over the cold water we couldn't handle the cold (we were not dressed accordingly.) So we switched over to the East side of the lake which made a marked difference in the temp. Went out prior to the trip and got 3 Mann's -1 as a result of some positive posts about those particular lures on CLF. Wouldn't you know on my 3rd cast with the blue and silver one my line snapped and it went flying in to the lake...goner. Those things cast (and fly) a mile.

We tried at IG for about 2-1/2 hours without a single fish. Used the Mann's, plastics, rattle traps and nightcrawlers but all to no avail. We decided to pack it in to go to a sub division spot in Northbrook/private pond. Tried the Mann's there but no action at all. I was hitting up the North side of this pond because I figured the water would be a bit warmer. Had some action with the crawlers - all dink LM's and sunfish or bluegill. We had to go so I had just put a worm on and casted. I was reeling it in fairly quickly because I didn't like my spot. As soon as I was about 15 feet from shore something whacked the worm really hard. Turned out to be about a 19" LM, not much girth on him yet but still a sweet fish.

After that we were able to call it a day. All in all a great one to be outside and I'm glad that I got at least that one sizable fish...

All fish released.

Thanks for reading.

Neil

·
Registered
489 Posts
I've heard lots of good things about IG. Someday I'll cruise on up there to give it a shot.

Sorry to hear of your lost minus 1. I love those lures, and caught many a good bass on them last year, with just a slow steady retrieve. Red Craw, and Blue Chartruese were the big colors for me. Once the water gets warmer, you'll enjoy throwing them, that's for sure! 8:) I just started fishing them last year also, per someone's recommendation off this board.

D

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
Nice report Neil. I was up in the area on a different lake Sunday and the bass really were not ready to go. Also took a tour to check out some ponds and noticed high water on all of them. Water temp was 52. Lots of boats out there and only 2 bass reported caught all day. Give IG another week or 2 and it will be dynamite.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses, guys. I really feel much more open about sharing reports now that we have the subscriber specific forum. Hopefully first of many outings and subsequent reports!

N

1 - 4 of 4 Posts