ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please help me. I just got back from a local pond in Lockport. I hooked a 4.95 pound Largemouth per Berkly digital scale. I took a pic with my phone but how do I put it on the site. I was using gulp shad minnow sprayd down with gulp shad scent. I can't belive the amount of fish I hooked this is a deadly combo. I can text somebody the pic if they want and maybe they can put it up on the site. If you live in the area I can tell you where it is. This pond is unbelivable I was out there for 2 hours hooked maybe 15 LG all in the range of 2 to 3 pounds with my final lunker 4.95. Thanks for any help Tom.

·
Premium Member
3,604 Posts
IMO;

I would give it a 2nd., thought in posting the location of this pond/lake that sounds like it should be a, shhhhhhhh secret little place.
Don't be suprized :eek: that if you do post it, you'll find 10/15 people that afternoon or the next day.

There are many who target this site for information just to go rape a pond & wipe it out with keeping everything they catch. It happens all the time.
I'd keep it to myself & take friends ONLY to your sweet lil'honey hole.

I've got permission to fish 4 GREAT ponds/lakes that are busting out with game fish, I only invite MY FRIENDS that will abide & respect the location of the pond/lake we fish.

Here is an example;
I've got a PRIVATE 4/5 acre to fish in Woodstock, in a subdivision. Did'nt ice fish it this year but I go on a regular basis during the Spring & Summer. Last Winter we went there & caught a good deal of HUGE GILL's & also could'nt keep the Bass off the line (pesky things) caught 2 that WOULD NOT FIT THROUGH THE HOLE :eek: .
How long would it take for that pond to get raped if I disclosed that location????????????????

AGAIN MY OPINION ONLY

·
Registered
57 Posts
i just want to catch fish. anyway i thought it was a public lake/pond (though i do have little private fishing holes that i would never give away too)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did figure out how to download the pic. But I can't post it on the pics. Now that I thought about it you guys are right about keepin it a secret. I have been fishin it for three years now. I see more and more people fish this pond. I had people stop and watch me but it is hard to hide the fact that i am catching fish and of descent size too.

·
Premium Member
2,856 Posts
Fishstalker25 said:
i just want to catch fish. anyway i thought it was a public lake/pond (though i do have little private fishing holes that i would never give away too)
your new here ans not to many people trust new people they don't know. Give it some time to get to know some of these guys and prove your responsible

G

·
T.P.I.W.W/O.P.

This Post Is Worthless Without Pics

I'm just kidding....................... seriously, post the pics already
:lol:

·
Registered
489 Posts
firemntom said:
I did figure out how to download the pic. But I can't post it on the pics. Now that I thought about it you guys are right about keepin it a secret. I have been fishin it for three years now. I see more and more people fish this pond. I had people stop and watch me but it is hard to hide the fact that i am catching fish and of descent size too.
I don't think folks here were telling ya to keep the pics secret, just avoid posting the actual locations of your semi private fishing holes on the site. You have little to fear of members and subscribers on this board, but there are likely thousands of lurkers out there who do not register, and only come here looking for places to fish. They take, but do not give, and they are the likely folks who show up in droves to ruin good fishing holes. I'd also stake my years salary that these are probably the same folks who leave their litter all over the shoreline, making the rest of us look bad.

Nothing wrong with throwing up your pics, and if they have incriminating evidence of your lcation that you want kept private, just blot that part out of the pic before uploading it.

D

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
The easiest way to "fix" your photos if youre worried about giving away a location is to open your picture up with the Paint program. Then you can just use the spray paint, or brush tool, and blur out the whole background if you want! I dont think anybody on here would give you a hard time for that!

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
He's been trying to email me the pictures but it hasn't worked so far.
He also subscribed though so maybe we'll just see them on the subscriber's reports forum ;)

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
Great job Tom. Fishin D is right. Those small ponds are gems and unfortunately some get fished out even without internet publicity when people find out it holds nice fish. Posting the location here would definitly draw a crowd to your spot. Nice job on the HAWG.

·
Premium Member
2,856 Posts
Ed said:
He's been trying to email me the pictures but it hasn't worked so far.
He also subscribed though so maybe we'll just see them on the subscriber's reports forum ;)
he couls sent it to me in a text message and i'll host it for him

1 - 17 of 17 Posts