ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fox Chain today. Surface temps 74*.This morning couldn't have started any worse on the water but ended up with a great payoff. Got my first bite about an hour into the day. Then proceeded to miss the next 10 bites. Had 2 jumpers throw the swimjig and the others I just couldn't, for whatever reason, connect. Got 10 shorts real quick on senkos and then switched to a frog. **** fish were just lazily hitting the frog. No blow ups, just breaking the surface trying unsuccessfully to grab at the frog. My son ran into this same frog problem last week pond fishing. Anyway, Decided to moved and fish the northern lakes. Fished hard bottom. Same problem I was having earlier, fish grabbing the baits and not holding on. I picked up a short here and there. Decided to switch things up again and fish docks with a sand bottom. Skipped a t rigged senko under a dock and it was game on. Boated my first legitimate hawg of the year. Spawned out beauty measured 19.5 on the bump board.

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
Didn't know the Chain has such nice largemouth :)2.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.