ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

7/20

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  nodlikescod 
#1 ·
Launched out of 95th street. Fished some usual spots, caught some usual summer sized fish in the morning.

Moved out to fish 20-30' of water. Right as I was telling my buddy "I dont know why I even try here, I dont think I have ever caught a fish here", one hit and then we managed to hit 3 more nice fish right there. Drop shotting plastics. I know this is old advice, but for me using braid with a fluoro leader is key for sensitivity and I think the braid minimizes line twists as well.

Waves picked up pretty big, we fought them for a while, but got sick of taking water over the side. Ran up the river, caught one nice fish off a bridge (4.2 lbs), a few other decent smallmouth, a largemouth, and plenty of rockbass.

One last thing. Again, probably old news, but if you are fishing small dropshot baits and the hook gets lodged in the fishes mouth, get your wire cutters out and wreck the hook. I have been catching a lot of fish with torn up mouths, and I almost never damage their lips taking hooks out. It takes like 30 seconds to retie, so keep the wire cutters handy and save their mouths.

On to the pictures:

See less See more
#3 ·
Hey, that dog looks familiar...
Nice fish :)2.

#4 ·
Great Ethical outing, Nice slayin on the sallies.

Rippin lips is fun, But especially from that deep with no stretch braid N low stretch invisible fluro.

Great Post.

Happy Fishing

Geo

<((><

#7 ·
I don't see any dog, just a good lookin' guy laying on a garage floor...:)21

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.