ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going through my rod cleaning them for the new season an notice my St.Croix mojo bass casting jig n worm rod second guide from the reel seat was damage the ceramic ring was gone . I contacted St. Croix the said they could repair it but I could also do a local rod repair that won't affect my warranty . So do you guys know any local rod repair in the Joliet IL area ?

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Try this guy. Found the info on another site. Call first, he may not still be in business.

Scott Sheets 811 Douglas St
Joliet, IL 60435 - View Map
Phone: (815) 723-6361

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
rod repair

I've built and repaired a bunch of rods over the years. Mud hole . com has lots of parts options for rod building and repair. If you do a bit of flytying you probably have a bobbin thread holder. A guide can easily be replaced,the hardest part is having something to turn the rod overnight while the finish dries. I made my own jig to hold up the rod(s) and use an old grill rotisserie motor to turn the rods. If you don't mind the drive up Coren's on the edge of Chicago's north side has quite a good selection of rod building components and flytying supplies. I was there not long ago to get a replacement reel seat for a St.Crois fly rod I built about 20 yr.s ago. The rod finish epoxy for the guide threads isn't too expensive and can be purchased in little packets for small jobs. You might be surprised how easy it is to do yourself. :)21
P.S. I think Coren's also does rod & reel repairs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello. In thrift stores, you need to inspect the fishing rod very carefully. I look at the current list of fly rods for trout on the check that and immediately look for Ebey. In general, it is better to buy a new fishing rod if you have money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts