ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone can give me some advice about Mazonia. I have been exploring and fishing some of the smaller ponds in the north section with my float tube, but I have had no luck with catching fish so far. Does anyone have ideas about where I could go in either section to have a little more success? I don't expect anyone to give me specific "fishing spots," but general advice would be greatly appreciated. I am strictly a catch-and-release man.

·
Registered
596 Posts
It's still early, keep doin what your doin.Try for some crappie in the deeper ponds,small jig&twister,blade baits,minnows. Weeds near the shore near deep water. Don't worry they will turn on soon!!!!!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Try inline spinners for rapid casting to locate fish. Use a diving crank bait and make bottom contact between 6 and 12 feet with slow retrieves. Don't ignore live bait. Focus on areas just off of windswept points. Fish should be turning on now before the weekend cold front.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.