ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple three days ago I was thinking about putting away the insulated, the wind proof, and the icy frozen garments. A last minute memory of white out snow squalls in Indiana on cincodemayo (press one for englesia) halted that. Looks like I'll be needing them.

Always carry insulated coveralls in the truck till Memorial day.

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
I hear you, loud and clear. Partner and I chickened out of a minor fishing trip this AM because of said cool weather.

Am now half-way done with the first of many lawn mowings. I put if off as long as I could, because once you start the mower for the first time in spring, there's no turning back till the leaves fall. So now I am sweating and chilly at the same time. Therefore I recover for a few at CLF.

Just glad you didn't say "wardrobe malfunction".

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Yeah, we've got a energetic retired fellow across the street, so I get judged against him... "Richard's picking up sticks, you'd better get out there and pick up the sticks in our yard!" Problem is, he's usually doing it at the right time, too. :-?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've fished open water in some pretty extreme conditions. Craziest though had to be last year up in WI on the Wisconsin River. A bunch of my friends have a little 'Friendly' walleye tournament up there the first weekend in April. Well last year it was 10 Degrees windy and Snowing!! If you dropped your minnow on the boat he would freeze and not move until you hooked him and put him in the water. Was crazy cold.

That being said my cold weather gear is never packed away. I keep it in the closet ready for anything mother nature can throw at me :)

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
MuskyNut said:
I've fished open water in some pretty extreme conditions. Craziest though had to be last year up in WI on the Wisconsin River. A bunch of my friends have a little 'Friendly' walleye tournament up there the first weekend in April. Well last year it was 10 Degrees windy and Snowing!! If you dropped your minnow on the boat he would freeze and not move until you hooked him and put him in the water. Was crazy cold.

That being said my cold weather gear is never packed away. I keep it in the closet ready for anything mother nature can throw at me :)
If you hang out in the northwoods you better carry it all the time....when I graduated high school in the UP, on may 24 one year....it snowed 4". Caught a 42 the next day. :D

My GuideWear doesnt leave the truck, unless I am wearing it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.