ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sent this out via the email lists and figured it would be good to post around too.......

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to send a reminder about the big shoot
coming up this weekend.

We will have a night/day double header event starting
at dusk Saturday evening (the 26th around 8pm). This
part of the shoot will end at 4am sunday morning. Then
the day portion of the shoot starts at 5am Sunday
morning and goes to noon. $10 entry fee gets you in
both events. You can shoot the night or the day....or
both!

We will be registering entrants starting at around 6pm
sat. evening and again at 4am sunday morning. You can
enter anytime thru the day, if someone is not at the
launch when you arrive just give me a call to let me
know who you are. (630-327-2805)

This is a big 10 shoot where the 10 biggest fish by
weight will win it.
We will also have a longest gar competition and a
biggest overall fish award.

After the day event there will be food and some great
door prizes. The fish are definately in and many good
sized fish have been taken recently by boat as well as
shore bowfishermen day or night.

We hope to see you all out there!!

EVAN!!!!! Saturday night it starts!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
If $10 gets you into both events how is the money disbursed? Is it split between the two tourney's? If so, might not even cover gas for the winners.

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JP said:
If $10 gets you into both events how is the money disbursed? Is it split between the two tourney's? If so, might not even cover gas for the winners.
Nope.....the night guys split their pot and the day guys theirs. We have alot more day shooters, but if someone wanted to shoot both we didnt feel that the night guys should have to pay twice. Anyway, at $10, NOBODY is going to come close to paying for gas! :lol:

·
Registered
989 Posts
Ain't that the truth. 3.60 a gallon this morning. No end in sight.

·
Premium Member
8,116 Posts
In my experience in these kinds of activites, and I've done a LOT of shooting for money, even if you win, you better not expect to even cover your costs.... Better than a sharp stick in the eye, but the pot is usually just a little bonus.. The real pay off is enjoying the activity. If you're like me, even when I win money, it's the winning that I like, way more than the money....

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tubes77 said:
In my experience in these kinds of activites, and I've done a LOT of shooting for money, even if you win, you better not expect to even cover your costs.... Better than a sharp stick in the eye, but the pot is usually just a little bonus.. The real pay off is enjoying the activity. If you're like me, even when I win money, it's the winning that I like, way more than the money....
Think the only thing Ive ever won is a couple big fish pots. But yea.....if I was doing it for the money I would be alot better off doing alot more a/c side jobs! I like the shoots cause you get togeather with good friends and new ones......and go bowfishing!

·
Registered
989 Posts
I like the competition of the sport. When I go out from shore with buddies after work I shoot everyday like its a tourney. I always try to outshoot the person with me. It makes me prepare for the shoots better that way. Money is nice but you really can't get make a lot doing small friendly shoots like ours are. Maybe if you go to the worlds and some of the other big ones out there you might have a chance making a few bucks. This sport as for all other sports of this nature cost money no matter how you look at it. I don't know how much money I actually spend in gas and tags for deer hunting every year. I don't want to know. I enjoy the fact that we all get together and have a good time. I don't like shooting by myself because there is no competition for me. I still do it anyway because I love this sport more than deer hunting. The prize table are always nice and have great stuff on them. That right there is bonus enough.

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
at least its going to be dry this weekend! Or for the shoot at least, but a little cool. Might be some tough conditions with the wind and water clarity after the rains expected but it will just make the shooting more challenging, but the shore bowfishing should be fine as they are only in a foot or two of water anyway......but SNOW sunday night!!??!!

I think next year we should have our first shoot in June! :lol:

·
Registered
426 Posts
it looks like ill be able to make it after all for the day shoot at least..unless i rig up a light and try shooting from shore at night. i just hope i can make it its like a 75/25 chance ill be there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts