ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was more open water than on Tuesday, but apparently not enough. El skunkerino again today. Was out from 5-6:30, and nothing. Tried a lipless crank, spinner and a plastic around the docs to no avail.

If anyone reads this that fishes there, do you hop the gates to the docs before there are boats in there yet. It seems to me that inside those piers would produce far better fishing than the public launch docs I have been fishing from. Saw a guy out at Belmont today at the end of one of the piers ice fishing. Maybe he parks his boat there and has a key. I don't know

Marty

·
Registered
173 Posts
I was also at Diversey today between 545pm to 645pm. I was on the far north end trying to cast into all of the pier inlets from the breakwall. I was thinking the same exact thing about the docks but I hear you can get a ticket for being out there. I heard you can buy permits to use them but I dont know how you could get through the gates. I'm counting on some open water at a few smaller lakes this weekend.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Did either of you guys try out by the long pier on the lakeside of the harbor?

I'm gonna plan on being out there tomorrow around 5:45ish to sundown.

- Jon

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thanks,I will try that. Are you talking in the actual boat harbor or out on the breakwall where boats come in. Last summer I had one smallmouth caught on a small black/white crank out there. I didnt know there where largemouth there at all. I don't fish michigan often but ive been looking for any open water lately and Diversey is right next to my office. I'd fish there more often but I hate being 10ft above the water trying to control a lure.

·
Premium Member
2,856 Posts
Danpat1983 said:
Thanks,I will try that. Are you talking in the actual boat harbor or out on the breakwall where boats come in. Last summer I had one smallmouth caught on a small black/white crank out there. I didnt know there where largemouth there at all. I don't fish michigan often but ive been looking for any open water lately and Diversey is right next to my office. I'd fish there more often but I hate being 10ft above the water trying to control a lure.
check all the reports from past years all largies and the occasional northern, If your just looking to fish thats fine but if your targeting smallies then there are better places and dark tubes is the number 1 bait

1 - 7 of 7 Posts