ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have they started in the Vermillion or below the Starved Rock dam? Or is the river too high to fish? Want to hit the river next week if work permits.

·
Premium Member
11,485 Posts
I be tinking I might be out if it ever warm up. Like 3 pm sometime like today tomorrow rest of week unless the crappie are biting then I ain't coming in till Sunday.

I do not see no limits on white bass in regs for SR. This new?

Or relating to Coast Guard boat rated capacity?

·
Registered
272 Posts
I had never try to catch the white bass in illinois river. I may give it a try next weekend after I fish lasalle lake. Are they available near seneca?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Oldschool said:
See my Report in the Subscribers section how peeps limited out today
and what stretches of river were Dead.
:roll: The guy asking is a subscriber.....getting tired of the whole read my report in that section.

The report is that some whites are being caught, most are being caught while sauger fishing. So that tells me they are bit deep yet, maybe just getting ready to make the big run. With this warm weather they will turn on fast, if not already today.

Fish all the creek mouths, Big V. and any gravel areas, jigs and minnows....artifical will catch plenty too.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Oldschool said:
He is ? it says "Member" !?
Upland , Can I send you $15.00 so you will subscribe?
Its on me.
sorry...typo. He isnt a subscriber.

Keep your 15 bucks, it allows you to act like an elite poster here.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks to all who responded. I planned to get out today but instead it will be tomorrow (Friday). I'll post results after.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Is what I am reading here for real? Subscribers will no longer post reports for members?
Why is this?
Are members considered to be free loaders?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Chum Slick said:
Is what I am reading here for real? Subscribers will no longer post reports for members?
Why is this?
Only a few of the subscribers act like this, unfortunately you are the first subscriber to question it.

And I suppose we are freeloaders....freeloaders that give the link clicks and visit the sponsors links.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am sure that the advertisers and sponsors on this site would like as many members as possible. You are correct the more hits the better. Besides the fact that, I get a lot of valuable information from members and would hate to see them leave due to this type of attitude.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
uplandk9 said:
Chum Slick said:
Why is this?
Only a few of the subscribers act like this, unfortunately you are the first subscriber to question it.

And I suppose we are freeloaders....freeloaders that give the link clicks and visit the sponsors links.
If you can't/don't want to cough up the $15 bucks then I don't really see any grounds to complain. It is our prerogative as subscribers to post as we see fit, just as it is yours as a member to post details on fishing or not.

Not saying that the members are freeloaders but to complain about not seeing a post because you opt not to pay the subscriber's fee that helps keep the site going is beyond me.... :roll:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
nodlikescod said:
uplandk9 said:
Chum Slick said:
Why is this?

If you can't/don't want to cough up the $15 bucks then I don't really see any grounds to complain. It is our prerogative as subscribers to post as we see fit, just as it is yours as a member to post details on fishing or not.

Not saying that the members are freeloaders but to complain about not seeing a post because you opt not to pay the subscriber's fee that helps keep the site going is beyond me.... :roll:
Never seen me complain about not being able to read a report because its in the Subscribers Section. But, you have seen me complain when a member asks a simple question and an Elite poster tells the "member" to read his great report in the Subscribers section, then the same person tells me he will send me the 15 bucks so I can read them too....lol.

If Ed approves of this type of attitude and its going to the general practice here, I am sorry to say the site will not interest me as much.

Ed runs a great forum, I have talked with Ed and even invited him along on an Illinois sauger fishing day...unfortunately we couldn't get it arranged. I haven't subscribed for who knows what reason, guess I don't have one.....but it used to just be a little extra goodies when you subscribed, now it seems to be some form of segregation. Sorry to say, but its the way I feel.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts