ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone here ever fish shiller pond which is located right by cumberland and irving. alot of people over look it but they do stock it with 3-6 lb cats twice a year and i limit out every day for 2 months afterwards still. also there are bass in there its just that they are not in good numbers. the ones that are in there though are reallly decent sized. Who has fished here before or would like to give it a try??? i live close by so its easy for me

·
Registered
335 Posts
I've fished the pond in Schiller woods a couple of times, and have only caught bluegill. Every guy I've come across up there, most of the time they're sporting sandals over knee high socks and speaking broken English, has mumbled to me stories of huge carp, cats, and even big bass. Taking into account the fact that I can spit across that puddle if the wind is at my back, I don't know how much I believe them.
I did go up there last week and was surprised to see that the preserve road now extends from Irving park all the way to Lawrence, it used to only go from Irving to the sledding hill, but now you can pretty much ride right up to the north side of the pond.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I was there today and caught 3 small carps and couple bluegills on corn. I was considering taking some carp but who knows whether they are edible from this puddle... there is also a lot of trash in the water and I don't expect a big fish there. Sign says "keeper bass must be 14"".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts