ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 16' Tracker and don't have anybody to go boating with tommorrow... If you would like to go and possibly know a little about Lasalle or Heidecke...give me a shout...

·
Registered
216 Posts
LaSalle or Heidecke

Don't bother with Heidecke til it warms up 10 degrees or so. It's 42-43 degrees and the fish are just plain sluggish. Better to go to LaSalle and troll the south dike with no. 5 shad raps for stripers, or anchor around the edges of one of the deep borrow pits ( on your map) and throw out cut bait on the bottom for cats and stripers or go the the north arm, (not the hot discharge chute) and troll no. 5 or no.7 shad rap around 17 ft of water for blue cats.
Or go to the hot discharge and cast the shoreline for bass. Use plastic worms, crawdad crankbaits are the hottest right now. They'll hit about anything....but you gotta put it right in the rocks at shoreline.
Good luck.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not a weirdo or anything...im 27 and I see the weather is supposed to be almost 70 and I really want to go....

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
CSnake420 said:
I'm not a weirdo or anything...im 27 and I see the weather is supposed to be almost 70 and I really want to go....
Don't worry about it.
If you post an offer like that with 2 or 3 days notice, you would have plenty of takers. Too bad you don't have enough posts to use pm's.
Follow dncncwboy56's advice...

·
Registered
168 Posts
You could become a subscriber :p

·
Registered
356 Posts
CSnake420 said:
I have a 16' Tracker and don't have anybody to go boating with tommorrow... If you would like to go and possibly know a little about Lasalle or Heidecke...give me a shout...
Hey man, if you ever are looking for somebody to go out with just give me a couple days notice and I'm there.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Was on LaSalle yesterday (Monday). Very windy & wavy. Only saw about 3 other boats all day and no fish. Watch out for shallow water in & near the harbor.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Give me a few days notice next time, csnake, and I will gladly take you up on your offer. I know both of those lakes pretty well. PM me when you get 10 posts. :)2

1 - 15 of 15 Posts