ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went by Rend a few weeks ago and the water looked very high. Just wondering now if the water has receded and if anyone has been fishing. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am down in Salem IL for the week, all the lakes down here were muddy when I got here on Monday the ones I check out (Carlyle, Rend, and Forbes) were muddy, like chocolate milk. They got over 4 inches of rain in the last to days and everything was already high.

I fished Kinkaid lake last year over Memorial Day and it was a zoo. It might not be bad on the no wake section of the lake but I could hardly get there.

It you have a smaller boat, with a 9.9 HP or smaller, I would got to Cedar Lake, if everything has a chance to clear up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you are going to Rend Lake, call Alan at Rend Lake Sporting Goods in Mt. Vernon. He can give you the current info and patterns. They also put on a tourney on Wed. evenings from the Sailboat ramp. Sorry I don't have the number but you can Google it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.