ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had one blade fall off my auger and can't remember if I had bought a 4'' or 5'' Lazer auger. I measured the blade and it is a measly 1.75'' long. I assume that means a 4'' circle? I cannot find 4'' blades anywhere and of course the blade does not have the size on it, just Sweden.

Anyone care to measure the blade length on a 4'' auger???

·
Administrator
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FISH TRACKER said:
If it helps at all I have an 8 inch and the blades measure 3 3/4 so 1 3/4 I would say would be 4 inch
. Thanks, that does sound right. I can't even remember where I bought the auger from LOL. On the Mora's you could scale down one size on the auger blades (7'' blade for an 8'' auger) Hopefully it is the same on the Lazer so if I do have a 5'', the 4'' blades will be fine.

·
Premium Member
11,485 Posts
I'll measure my 5's bolt hole distance for you.

Lil over 1 inch between holes and 2 1/8 in back edge of blade.

Got the maters started yet?????

·
Administrator
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
blufloyd said:
I'll measure my 5's bolt hole distance for you.

Lil over 1 inch between holes and 2 1/8 in back edge of blade.

Got the maters started yet?????
Hmmm, never measured the holes, hole.

No more indoor growing of maters. I'll start them inside but once they sprout they go outside into a cold frame. Haven't lost any yet, despite being outside in 20 degree temps and snow. Update in March (when I start them).

·
Administrator
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
blufloyd said:
I am betting its a 5 never saw a 4....
My blades got all kinds of writing on them ...
The auger works with just the one blade on it (how many do I have to lose before I check the screws holding them on) and the measured hole is indeed 4''. Still have no idea where I bought the thing, as like you typed, I never see 4'' ones around.

·
Premium Member
11,485 Posts
Well if you ever get blades, get the drill adaptor too.
It'll be a marvel with a drill. Perch guys on Erie use that set up.

·
Administrator
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update - got some replacement blades - it is a 4'' auger.

No need for the drill adapter - I can auger though 11'' of ice like butter. Still can't get the 7'' lazer auger to cut well though. I should never have changed the blades :)3

·
Registered
254 Posts
I put 1/64" steel shims under the backside of my 8" mora blades and that really helped. Just don't wanna lean into it too hard or it really jams as it breaks thru the bottom of the ice. I'm not sure but I believe I found the shims at KMart in Montgomery years ago.

·
Registered
405 Posts
If K-Mart is out of them... As almost every sporting goods store is running low on ice gear. You can also Make your own shims. Me and my Race Team customize alot of parts. Just get some thin cromolly sheets of steel steel or sheet metal, etc... but remember, mattering wich material you use, some steel is softer than others. But it should only take a few minutes to make them. But your better off purchasing them. This is only a suggestion if they are out of stock... Take care and have fun fishn'

Dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts