ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We fished at the river mouth along with 25 others. We where trolling cleos and walleye drivers in fire tiger and silver. We had many strikes and lost one at the boat. Some had fish in the boat that where mostly Cohos. I was told the week before they where limiting out in the area. However yesterday it was very slow!!! later in the day we went out to 56 fow nothing either.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got It in otherwords SHHHHHHHHH!!!!! No problem.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
washhusky said:
What i ment was you dont hear whats going on over there on any Fishing boards, Newspapers, Bait shops. etc with any regularity like you normally do from ports like East Chicago, Portage, St Joe, Winthrop, Etc. It's just a very queit port just like New Buffalo.
We normally dont go to MC to fish. We took a ride there, because a friend told us the fishing was good all week. It's a very nice long ride. However, It is just to far to go with the way gas prices are sky rocketing. But, we tried it and found the fishing wasn't that great!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow that's a drive. I go there for the perch too. Good perching near shore. I usally fish at 95Th street for the perch in late fall. But the ramp condition arent too good. So I have going towards Ind to fish. Next week we are heading to Erie for walleye and perch (Wed to Sun). I hand tie all od my own jigs, spinners, harnesses. I also make a inline spinner called a Little Baby Teddy that I sell and use for Northern, Muskie, Walleyes, Bass.
Anyway thanks for the information.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts