ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday the usual madness and mayhem.Ended up out on route 14 in a long line.The weather for the most part was on our side all weekend,except for the winds made it had to keep bobbers in one place.I myself got skunked on saturday with my partner catching 2 of em right at sunrise on a mepps rooster tail,nothing after that.Guys next to us took 14 in a short period of time..so they were in there.
Sunday was my turn,caught one right at sunrise on a deep runner,hooked my hand getting him off,and was trying to hand my license to the dnr guy all at the same time.the first trout of my life and boy what a fighter those rainbows are.The crowd was much less packed and we actually were in the park drive about 8 cars back at opening.Both days I threw everything I had at em,found out just how finicky and how timeset the species are.Both days brunch consisted of bear sausage and english muffins :)23 All in all a great time,will go back this week and report hopefully.At least we have enough fillets for tuesday night fish fry :)2
http://chicagolandfishing.com/forums/al ... ic_id=5769

1 - 1 of 1 Posts