ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the lightest spinning rod they offered back in Feb. sometime, i think, during a show at the Stephens (aka Rosemont) convention center. the model i purchased was the:

BR60LS light action,6' 1/16 oz - 1/4oz lure wt,2-8 lb. test spinning rod

It was almost $140 after tax and everything. I've only seen them at Fishtech for sale. I had used this rod jigging rivers and lakes with braided line, this rod can handle jigs that weighted 3/8 oz with no problem. The sensitivity was definitely noticeable especially with the heavier jigs 5/16oz-3/8oz (of course the braided line played a big part) and not as so much sensitivity with 1/8oz-1/4oz jigs. With the heavier jigs, the rod doesn't seem to bend that much while jigging the bottom. I had caught fish up to 6 lbs, in a river, with this rod. This light action rod sure can handle them without the drag kicking in.... however i was ready to adjust the drag looser if it was a bigger one.

One time, however, the drag did start going and the rod was bent pretty well for about 3 seconds. And it didn't take any drag after that, I had snagged a Northern about 22-24" inches.

I finally had some time to go out last Sunday.

I used a 1/8 oz. inline spinner type lure with 6 lb mono test that day and landed some nice fish. Out of about 15 bass, i had lost only 1 with this rod. it was about an 13" incher, it jumped and "spatted" right out. While retreiving, you can feel the light spinner thump and see the rod tip barely shaking. One time a crappie flashed towards the lure and i did feel it with this rod, but never hooked on. This rod seemed to handled the rest of the fish pretty well that day. Total Day Count: 15 Bass & 2 Crappies

Anyone else like to share there opinion(s) about these rods. I'm looking to get a bait cast rod for the summer.....

ohh.... what's the poll option below?, i accidentally clicked on it. sorry

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
I own 2 of their rods , I bought a med. at the last show 2 yrs ago at Arlington Pk. While fishing with 1 of my grand kids ,I left a jig and minnow in the live well while moving the boat , and she closed the lid on the rod tip and broke it off. I called B&R rods and told them what happened, they just said "cut it up in small pieces and send it to them". I ordered a another rod , a lite action model. I like both rods , but the 1st one I bought was $100.00 , I know prices go up, but now for $150.00 I'll by a Grandt rod . I do like the warrentee of no questions ask replacement.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I Have 3 Grandt rods bought when old man rivers was still in Elgin and for the $$$ spent I am VERY HAPPY

·
Registered
179 Posts
Buy a Grandt !!
American made, most sensitive rod you will ever fish, with a unconditional LIFE TIME WARRANTY...........

I own 14 of them !!!!!!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts