ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Called my parents house yesterday and told my mom to ask dad if he wanted to freeze his ass off tomorrow. She said I'm sure he does, he working on his fishing poles right now in the livingroom.

Apparently the moon forgot the clocks changed this morning :-D

Water temp 38* hasn't raised even a degree in the 4 weeks since ice out, and we broke thru skim ice on the ramp. Day started out with dad catching a largemouth in 4fow while looking for crappies. No other bites so we headed for deeper pastures. Looked for fish in the 12-18ft range and marked nothing on the graphs. Time to go deeper. 20-21ft was the magic depth. Bite was slow in the 20-21 range but if we veered any deeper or shallower, it was dead. Nothing more than a long shank hook tipped with a minnow and a splitshot 18" up, fished on the bottom. On the way back in, stopped where dad caught the bass and we landed 4 more bass, 2 crappie, and a sunfish. Not a stellar day by any means but it beats my last 2 trips out., We froze our asses off, and dad was happy to get out.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Nice catch! I take it you were on the Chain, correct? FoxWaterway is showing the level as dropping. Did you have any problems with the water level or is it OK.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.