ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to braidwood and fished from shore on Saterday.Fishing was excellent.Caught 11 bucketmouths--all right around the 10-13 inch mark except 2.one 17.5" and a 19".fish were very healthy looking.all on terminators(chartreuse and orange)-my buddy also caught a 15" crappie and several nice cats(good eatin' size-did not keep em' though)----I do have one question for all. Braidwood lake has several miles of fishable shorline and islands, right???? and ulimited possibilties for boat fisherman, right??? THEN WHY IN THE HELL DO ALL THE "BASSMASTERS" GET SO CLOSE TO ME WITH THEIR RANGERS WHEN I'M FISHING FROM SHORE??? THEY CAN FISH ANYWHERE ON THE LAKE THAT THEY WANT, BUT NO, THEY HAVE TO FISH RIGHT NEXT TO WHERE I'M FISHING.I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT--HAVE A LITTLE BIT OF COMMON COURTESTY FROM ONE ANGLER TO ANOTHER. I HATE IT WHEN I CAN PRACTICLY JUMP IN SOMEONE'S BOAT BECAUSE THEIR FISHING SO CLOSE TO ME-I DON'T HAVE THE ACCESS THAT THE "BASS PROS" HAVE.IT FRUSTRATES ME BECAUSE IF I HAD A BOAT LIKE THAT, I CERTAINLY WOULD NOT BE FISHIN' IN THE SAME SPOT AS THE SHOREFISHERMAN.GRANTED,IT WAS A GOOD SPOT THAT I WAS IN,BUT I HAD TO WALK MY ASS 1.5 MILES TO GET THERE.I DID NOT HAVE A PROBLEM CATCHING FISH,BUT STILL.(I DID ENJOY CATCHING THAT 19" RIGHT IN FRONT OF A COUPLE GUYS IN A NITRO,HA!)I'M NOT HOLDING A GRUDGE AGAINST ALL THE BOAT FISHERMAN BECAUSE I HAVE ONE MYSELF(1984 LUND-NOTHING PRETTY)AND I KNOW ITS A FREE COUNTRY, BUT SAVE THE RUDENESS FOR THE TOURNAMENTS. I'M SORRY FOR THIS RANT, AND I DON'T WANT TO COME OFF AS THE BAD GUY,BUT I HAD TO SPEAK MY MIND.THANK'S FOR LISTENING...

--SAVE A LIFE:CATCH AND RELEASE--

MIKE

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
It's not just the shore fisherman, believe me, being a courteous boater I will make a huge arc around shorefisherman and if there are alot of shorefisherman in an area I'll just skip it. But I've found that Braidwood has a consistently large population of ignorant boaters(the majority are courteous and knowledgeable). Nothing like working a shoreline and having some numbnuts with a 200 horse blowing by you full throttle 20' away. On the bright side a guy did that to me a couple of years ago and after he went around an Island I heard a huge noise and an engine shut down, I then worked an area fairly close to where he was and could hear him asking every boater that went by for assistance, he must have done this to a few people as no one would help him. A little vindication for his driving like an A%#. (normally I would have helped him, but hell I almost took a swim)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JP on 2002-04-01 11:44 ]</font>

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:)2
THANKS JP FOR UNDERSTANDING-AND YOUR RIGHT-MOST BOATERS TAKE THE LONG WAY AROUND ME WHEN I'M SHORE FISHING,BUT SATERDAY WAS THE FINAL STRAW--NO BOAT SHOULD BE WITHIN CASTING DISTANCE OF SHOREFISHERMAN--WHAT DO I DO ABOUT THIS??? DO I CAST INTO THEIR BOAT AND SNAG THEIR G-LOOMIS INTO THE DRINK?? I DON'T WANT TO BE AN ASSH*LE ABOUT IT,BUT IT DISTURBS ME AND MY FISHING WHEN THESE GUYS ARE CASTING INTO MY SPOT LIKE I WAS'NT EVEN THERE...
WHAT TO DO????

MIKE

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Wish I had an answer for ya, but unfortuneatly I don't. Just know you're a better person for keeping your cool. And you know it couldn't be me with a G. Loomis, spending way too much cash just takes the fun out of fishing. Keep in mind too that weekends bring out the real nuts, unfortunately that's the only time most folks can make it out. I'm fortunate to have days off during the week to go out and beat the crowds.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JP on 2002-04-01 21:16 ]</font>

·
Registered
25 Posts
Stinkbait, it is most unfortunate that you had an uncourteous boater disrespect your fishing area. I always try and give the shore anglers a wide berth, and always try to strike up a conversation and be cordial. This has led to many Braidwood shore anglers inviting me to fish where they were during a tournament because they had caught a big ol' bass on a roach. As a part time guide, when I have to fish alone, which isn't often, I have occasionaly invited shore anglers to join me in my boat (for no fee). I do fish from what I consider a nice bassboat, but I enjoy walking a shoreline every now and then also. As far as other places to fish in the lake, I think that we should all be able to share a productive area. Just because my boat will go 67 mph does not mean I have to. I cannot even troll at that speed let alone flip and pitch. I prefer to launch the boat, drop the trolling motor and just go fishing. The water may not always be more bass filled across the lake or around the next island, so that means you and I may have to share that productive stretch of shoreline. Remember that cherry pie your mom made? If you happened to bite into a pit, you would spit out the pit and not throw the pie away. We all aren't jerks. (we just look for jerks) I will see you at Braidwood I am sure. I fish a charcoal/blue Champion. If you observe any ignorance out of me feel free to give me a wake up call.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts