ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know of a baitshop in the Seneca/Morris area That I can get bait for Lasalle? I'd Be coming from the western burbs. Miss the concession stand. BTW, liked the old board better.

·
Premium Member
4,346 Posts
There's two bait shops in the town of Seneca. The first one is to your left when going thru Seneca and I'm pretty sure there's one on the right just as you're getting out of Seneca. The only problem is that in the past both shops haven't been real religious in opening early. I've driven past them at 6 am in years past and have still seen the closed sign on both. But, I suspect that now that the Lake's concession stand is now closed that these bait shops might be a little better at opening on time. I think the first bait shop (on left) is actually a bow hunting shop/bait shop/etc.. Maybe somebody else can remember the name of the place and you can phone first? Otherwise you may wish to p/u some bait the night before someplace around where you live...

·
Registered
51 Posts
hey anonymous, get over it. You posted numerous times on how much you liked the old board better. What are you, 12? You sound like a broked record. We all heard you the first time. Move on. Why do you keep coming back if you dislike this board?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I was at LaSalle Friday. I noticed that Blades and Bullets was closed as I was going towards the lake and it was still closed as I was leaving about 1:40pm.

The other shop further South with the taxidermy sign on the other side of the road was closed in the morning but might have been open in the afternoon. I say 'might' because you wouldn't know it by looking at it but there were two cars in the lot.

I usually don't use live bait but if did, I'd buy it locally the day before. Get one of those battery operated aerators. It will keep a couple dozen fatheads alive over night in a minnow bucket - or do what I do when I fish the IL River and keep them in a large cooler with the areator going. I've kept them that way for 4 days without losing any before using them.

Good Luck.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the suggestions guys I appreciate it. As for wannabefishingnow, did it ever occur to you that more than one person has posted anonymously? This has been my first post, and seeing that since this is the still the USA I have a right to post my opinion. Comments like yours do nothing but ruin the spirit and integrity of this site.

·
Registered
19 Posts
How was fishing on Friday WDA?

I was out on LaSalle Friday afternoon. I only saw one other trailer in the lot with few shore fisherman. The water temperature was 55F on the cool side. The West wind was very strong, so I could not control the boat very well.

The score was catching one big goose egg, but the fishing was lots of fun.

·
Registered
83 Posts
"How was the fishing?" Answer:

I got two real nice smallmouth. Here's one of them before I placed him back in the water:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: wda on 2002-03-24 16:46 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: wda on 2002-03-24 16:49 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: wda on 2002-03-24 16:50 ]</font>

·
Registered
268 Posts
Great photo!

What camera did you use?
Film or memory type?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thanks.

Digital Camera - 3.1 MegaPixels - Memory

The original images were around 700K each and closer to 400K after re-sizing. I compressed them even further for the web so they wouldn't take so long to download, but even though the picture size remains the same, you lose quality when you do that. In other words, the originals are much sharper.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Anybody who posts without being registered, or without entering their username comes up anonymous.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts